Monday, November 15, 2010

Procrastination Strikes!

I know that this will all come back to bite me in the butt, but I find myself procrastinating on several wedding planning type things.  It's not so bad in some places, but really bad in others.  Part of the problem is that we still don't have the money set aside for even our budget wedding.  It's hard to plan around what we don't have.  The other part of the problem comes from the fear that things might change from my original plans.


For example, I haven't properly contacted my venue to see how much it will cost and make our reservations.  It's a park, so I'm not too worried about the costs, nor am I really too scared that they won't have a single picnic pavilion available for rent on that day.  The reason I'm holding off on contacting them, though, is because I really wanted to give my mother a chance to see the venue first.  I don't doubt that Mom will love whatever I pick, but I'm wanting to make sure she doesn't think I'm crazy for asking guests to hike to get to our location.

Another thing I've been holding off on is picking an officiant.  Part of the problem here is that we would like a religious ceremony, and would love to have a pastor/minister perform it for us.  There's also the added benefit of getting marriage counseling for free/cheap, which would help us save money on the marriage license.  The problem is that neither Joshua nor I go to a church on a regular basis, and so we don't really have a place in mind to ask about it.  On top of that, if I have the wedding on a Sunday as I'm planning, it'll be harder to get a churchman away from his church.

Joshua promised he'd take care of it, but I don't know if he understands how far in advance people like to know about these things.  If it comes down to it, probably around the start of the new year, I'll book a professional officiant, though that'll make my budget weep; $200 for a cookie cutter ceremony (which is all my fiance wants) that'll take 15 minutes?  Ouch.  I know it takes more time and money than that for the person doing it, but seriously...  I'm also gonna keep my eyes peeled on Craigslist, though; you can find people willing to officiate weddings for really cheap/free, if you look hard enough.

Also, funny side note, I needed to make a post last Wednesday.  It's now Monday.  Oops.  I think I'm gonna have to let go of a consistent updating schedule for my blog for now; I just have a lot to do that isn't wedding planning.  But I'll still try to update frequently-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment