Monday, September 20, 2010

Ceremony Music

I'm pretty sure both Joshua and I just want a simple, standard sort of wedding ceremony.  He's not interested in writing his own vows, and I'm not too interested in boring my family with something super long.  But I'm not normally a typical girl, and so I've decided to mix it up a little bit with my preferred music choices.


This is the song I'm planning to use during the processionals (the part where I walk down the aisle, for anybody who's as foreign to this stuff as I am).  Video game music for the win!  But aside from the fact that it's from a great game, it's also a beautiful piece of music.

I'll be picking other pieces of video game music to use before the ceremony begins, too, as folks are getting seated.  I can see the theme song from Animal Crossing slipping its way into there, with it's smooth, jazzy notes.  Maybe Zelda's Lullaby, Chrono Trigger's Corridors of Time, and Interrupted By Fireworks.  These are all beautiful songs, even extracted from their video game heritage, so I think our families will still be able to enjoy them.

I also have a bit of a funny surprise planned for our recessional music, after we're actually married.  So I won't spoil that here.  And since the ceremony itself should be quiet, the only other music I might need is more of that 'filler' music, which I'm sure the world of video games will be happy to provide for.  Maybe something from Shadow of the Colossus, or Pokemon.  It's a whole world of beautiful music, and I plan to partake.

1 comment:

  1. My fiance would kill to use video game (and wrestler's entrance) music at our wedding! A very cute idea for gamers! Aww!

    ReplyDelete