Friday, October 8, 2010

Epiphany

An epiphany, for anybody who might not know, is a sudden realization or comprehension of something.  I just had one a few minutes ago, regarding my catering.  I mentioned last week that Joshua and I have a friend who owns a Japanese restaurant, and how he has already made a generous offer to provide sushi for our guests.  But I realized today that I was thinking about spending about $5-$10 per person on catering, and that the food at Sakura falls within that price range.


I won't be asking them to cut us a deal, or anything like that.  But we love this restaurant, we love their food, and we love these people.  There is absolutely no reason we SHOULDN'T ask Jun and Janice if they could cater.  We have to make it clear that we want to pay them for their services, of course, but I can't think of anybody I would RATHER pay for food.


On top of the fact that their food is delicious, and that the people are great, the location is also very close to two of our possible venues.  It's closest to O'More, but it's only about 15 minutes away from Edwin Warner Park.  Heck, even Centennial is only a half hour drive, so we could easily pick up and move food from Sakura to our venue.

To end this post, I'm going to go ahead and give my absolute favorite restaurant in the world a plug.  If I haven't made it obvious already, we love the owners, and they're truly great people.  The food is delicious, and they treat their customers right.  Especially repeat customers who chat with the man behind the sushi counter.  So if you're ever in the Franklin, TN area, please make your way to this little, out of the way lovely Japanese/Thai restaurant.  Sakura.

No comments:

Post a Comment