Friday, October 29, 2010

Bridesmaids Dresses

I'm going to let my bridesmaids pick their own dresses, but that doesn't mean I can't get ideas for them, right?  And I see a LOT of cute dresses out there that I'd love.  Besides, I'm still giving guidance for my girls.  For example, I'd like them to wear either orange/gray/silver, and I'm going to heavily suggest something at around a tea-length or shorter.


One dress style I adore and will suggest to any of my girls who don't know what to do is the Infinite/Convertible dress.  It's a really simple, but really lovely little dress that can be worn in TONS of different styles.  You can dress it down for a day look, or dress it up for a super sexy evening look.  It's a bit expensive (the one I linked to is a little less than $100 before shipping), and would wind up costing more than my dress did in the end, but I think the sheer practicality of it is worth it.



Since one of my bridesmaids is a fashion designer, I'm going to make sure she knows she can design her own dress if she wants.  Especially if it's as awesome as this adorable mini kimono she's designed.  I wouldn't dream of forcing her to make her own dress, but I love her work, and she's made some really stylish fashion.  Though, even if she didn't want to make her own dress, I still love the look of a kimono.  They're beautiful and elegant, but so expensive I wouldn't dream of asking my bridesmaids to buy one in particular.

Mostly, I want my girls to look beautiful and happy.  All three of them have expressed a good deal of distaste at the thought of an orange dress, so I'm glad I don't have to bully them into it.  Instead, I might buy them orange accessories (that I think they'd wear again) as my gift to them.  Shhh, it's a secret.  I might also try to talk them into orange shoes, but again, I want them to pick something they're comfortable in, that's at a price point that's comfortable for them.  If I'm going to be wearing casual open toed sandals that cost me $7, I think it would be rude of me to ask them to don $50 heels that they don't even like.


But I hope I'm not the only person who finds those shoes adorable.  Well, even if I am, I can live with it.  I'm actually not going to be too picky about the shoes my bridesmaids want.  I've seen some super adorable brides and bridesmaids in everything from traditional heels to Converse sneakers to rain boots.  The only rule I'm going to put in place here is going to be no Crocs.  It's not like they don't have their place, but that place just isn't at my wedding.  Now watch all my bridesmaids show up in Crocs just to irritate me.  Hahaha, I'd laugh so hard.

Anyways, I'm going to try to talk my Maid of Honor into going dress shopping with me sometime.  I might already have my wedding dress, but I still think it might be nice to go into an actual bridal store once.  I just have to be careful not to succumb to dress envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment